Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bron's dinner Party

OK I did cook this last Friday, a whole bunch of them actually for some a lovely pregnant friend and my sister-in-law. The fact I made a whole heap of them shows it is so easy to make!

This is my recipe for


My Easy Lasagne Recipe -yummo
Ingredients
500 g minced beef
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
125 g mushrooms, sliced
Herbs to taste
1 x 850 g tin chopped tomatoes (i add 1x400g not as sloppy)
1 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons tomato paste
Salt
Lasagne sheets
Cheese sauce
Butter
3 tablespoon plain flour
2 cups milk
125 g grated cheese
Pinch nutmeg

Method
1. Fry the chopped onion and crushed garlic in a little oil for 5 minutes.
2. Add the minced beef, mushrooms and herbs.
3. When meat is brown add 850g chopped tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste and salt to taste,
and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Cheese sauce: Melt some butter in a pan and stir in flour, milk, grated cheese and a
pinch of nutmeg. Stir mixture constantly until thick.
5. Pour half the meat sauce into a baking dish, then add alternate layers of dry lasagna,
meat mixture and cheese sauce, finishing with the cheese sauce.
6. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and bake at 200°C for 35 minutes.

Alternative
I add 1 grated carrot and any other vegie in the fridge thats can be grated.


Not very 'Ellable' but you could use tortilla sheets or something else and make it a mexican lasagne and use avocado in between the meat. Now I might even try that one.

It is the best meal to make in small oven proof containers and freeze for those days you don't want to cook.

I had to find a picture on the net to make your mouth water a little, but I will do my best to get a photo of my very own lasagne, not sure it will look as good as mandy's.

1 comment:

bronya said...

nice nat ... this looks very very yummy ... must share with you a pre-ella vegetarian lasagna which I used to love to make ... I haven't bothered adapting a lasagna recipe because to me it's all about the cheese :) but I'll be looking forward to trying one of yours out one time ...